Pups everywhere are jumping on the Bazzy’s bandwagon, and we’re so honored and proud to serve them. Most pet parents we’ve heard from serve our frozen probiotics right out of the cup, and we know their beloved canines don’t mind one bit! But did you know there are all sorts of fun ways to serve up our dog frozen treats?
Here are some starter ideas:
- Freeze Bazzy’s Frozen Kefir into small ice cubes and mix them with dog-friendly fruit to make a “yogurt parfait”
- Mix Bazzy’s with your pup’s other favorite treats
- Add some Bazzy’s Kefir to his food bowl as a reward after a long day!
We also wanted to share some of our favorite recipes that have proved to be a hit with both Bazzy and all his four-legged friends. These are fun to make, dog-friendly, and super healthy for your dog.
So, grab your aprons, head to the kitchen, and get ready to whip up these (top-rated by Bazzy) delicious and nutritious goodies for your furry friends to enjoy:
- Peanut Butter Carob Brownies with Bazzy’s Kefir
What is carob? Well, it’s the best way to give your dog chocolate without giving your dog chocolate! The carob tree bears dark brown fruit (shaped like a pea pod) which is chock full of pulp and seeds. It’s a sweet treat loaded with health benefits. It’s also versatile and comes in different forms… like “chocolate” chips!
Our Peanut Butter Carob Brownies will make your pup fall even more in love with you. Here’s the recipe:
Peanut Butter Swirl
4 oz. kefir cheese (To make kefir cheese, thaw Bazzy’s Kefir and drain out the water using coffee filter paper over a sieve in the fridge overnight)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup thawed Bazzy’s Kefir
3 Tbsp. honey
4 large eggs
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/4 cup carob powder
1 Tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the peanut butter swirl, in a medium bowl mix the kefir cheese and peanut butter until no more white streaks are visible. Add the egg and mix until light and creamy.
- To make the brownie mixer, in a large bowl whisk the thawed Bazzy’s Kefir, honey, and 4 eggs until just combined. Add oat flour, carob powder, and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Evenly spread the brownie mixture into your prepared pan. Drop scoops of the peanut butter swirl spaced out over the brownie batter. Using a butter knife, cut through both mixtures to form swirls. Gently tap the pan a few times over the counter to settle any gaps that may have formed from the swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares suitable for your pup. Bon Appetit!
- Bazzy’s Kefir Banana Carob Pudding
There’s no reason your pooch can’t enjoy the same things we do! And we sure love our pudding. Sweet, smooth, and savory, your pup’s mouth will water just watching you whip up a bowl of our banana carob pudding. Give it a whirl:
3 oz. Bazzy’s Kefir thawed
1/4 Tsp. carob powder
1-2 inch piece of banana
Blueberries, fresh or frozen for garnish
- Mash the bananas and mix in thawed Bazzy’s Kefir until combined. Add the carob powder until it is evenly combined.
- Place the mixture in your freezer for about 20 minutes to get it a bit firmer.
- Place a blueberry or two on top and feed it to your pup. Enjoy!
- Bazzy’s Special Pumpkin Potion
Let’s shout it from the rooftops: pumpkin-flavors should be available year-round! For now, though, canned pumpkin puree is available year-round in most grocery stores. And thank goodness for that, since pumpkin is considered a superfood for pets! We wrote about pumpkin and other Halloween treats last year in this blog post, where you’ll find even more fun DIY dog treats to make with your pup.
To make our Bazzy’s Special Pumpkin Potion, it’s simple: mix 1 tsp. thawed Bazzy’s Original Frozen Kefir Treats with 1 tsp. of your favorite canned organic pumpkin puree, and voila! Watch your fur-baby gobble up his off-season treat and soak up all the added benefits of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
We love getting creative in the kitchen! After all, that’s how Bazzy’s got started, with co-founder Yumiko making coconut kefir right at home in her own kitchen to assist with her dog’s itchy skin allergies. That’s the magic of cooking… you never know where your creations will take you.
And where will Bazzy’s Frozen Kefir take you? We’re sure we’re not the only chefs here. We want to find out even more ways to incorporate our treats into recipes for the pups. If you’ve got a fun recipe to share, let us know by tagging us at @bazzyskefir so we can share it with the world!