With Halloween just around the corner, it’s a great reminder that our furry friends LOVE snacks and treats just as much as we do! However, the human treats we hand out when the doorbell rings are usually harmful to our dogs. We at Bazzy’s Kefir don’t want your pooch to miss out on all the spooky (and yummy) trick-or-treating. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of healthy, pet-friendly snack alternatives that are great for a howlin’ good time this Halloween:
Quick and Easy Treats:
- Carrots: Carrots are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Just make sure to give him or her manageable bites to avoid choking. Your dog will love the fun crunch of this healthy orange treat! Plus, it can be a great way to help clean your dog’s teeth!
- Apples: Make sure to remove the seeds and core before slicing off some of this fun fall fruit to give to your pup. Your dog will thank you for treating him or her to all the vitamin A and C benefits that apples have to offer. You’ll love it too because it will help freshen your pup’s breath by cleaning the residue off of his teeth! Win-win!
- Green Beans: Green beans are a great snack for your pup, as long as they don’t have oils or spices on them! They are also full of important vitamins and minerals, and if you are trying to help your dog shed a few pounds, green beans are a great way to make your pooch feel full because of all of the fiber in them.
- Bazzy’s Original or Blueberry Peanut Butter Frozen Treats: Here’s a Halloween treat you’ll love just as much as your pet… if they can share! Our original frozen kefir treats are made with vegan-friendly coconut milk and kefir grains. For an extra dash of excitement, we offer a frozen treat with organic blueberries and peanut butter. Now you can keep the fun going after a long night of trick-or-treating with your pooch!
For the Creatives (DIY’ers) Out There:
Do you love stirring up some magic in the kitchen? Don’t worry, you won’t be bent over the cauldron too long with these pet-friendly recipes. Here are just a few of our dog-friendly favorites:
- No-Bake Coconut Dog Treats: Here’s a sweet treat for your pup without too much double-double-toil-and-trouble! With only 4 ingredients, your dog won’t be waiting around too long for his or her healthy snack. You can find each ingredient at almost any supermarket, and the recipe yields about 20 treats!
- Apple Crunch Pupcakes: The perfect project for a peaceful fall day! This recipe calls for apples and honey and takes only one bowl to make. Pop these pupcakes in the oven, watch the leaves sway in the autumn breeze, and let your house fill with the sweet smells of harvest!
- Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits: We love these biscuits because they yield up to 24 servings and last up to two weeks. They’re great to decorate for year-round festivities, too—this recipe calls for almond bark and sprinkles, but you can try black and orange sprinkles to add a dash of Halloween magic!
- Bazzy’s Special Pumpkin Recipe: Did you know that pumpkin is considered a superfood for pets? That’s just one more reason why Bazzy has been so excited for fall! With just a little pumpkin hocus pocus, you can make a treat that is packed full of the fiber, vitamins, and minerals that your pup craves. Mix 1 tsp. of thawed-out Bazzy’s Original Frozen Kefir Treats with 1 tsp. of your favorite canned organic pumpkin puree for a yummy pup-friendly potion!
As we draw nearer to Halloween, why worry about shipping times? You can pick up Bazzy’s Kefir Frozen Treats at these local Los Angeles shops:
- Hollywood Super Mart (6213 Franklin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90028): Our favorite neighborhood market sells organic, vegan, keto, and paleo products… to name a few! They now sell Bazzy’s Frozen Kefir Treats, too… no more waiting on delivery. Go pick up your treats today!
- Den Urban Dog Retreat (3252 Arroyo Seco Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90065): We are all about self-care at Bazzy’s. This beautiful wellness retreat now carries Bazzy’s Frozen Kefir Treats to add to your pup’s holistic health!
We are so excited to try out all of these Halloween sweet treats, and we’re so happy we can share our treats with you! Here’s hoping Bazzy’s fans will have a healthy and fun Halloween. Be sure to tag us @bazzyskefir in your Halloween pics and stories, so we can see your pet’s costume (& your spooky pet-friendly treat creations)!